6.4.11

Spring has sprung.

Spring is here! Starting last week there were a few days where the afternoon wind blew warm instead of cold. Then, last weekend Jeremy and I spotted our first blooming trees. Some of the leaves are starting to come in so there is that delicious pale green glow on the trees and bushes that means the whole place will brighten up soon. The other day walking home from work I took off my jacket a few steps out the door, then half a block later I took off my cardigan too. By the time I got home I was sweating and wishing I had sunglasses on. The warmth feels good and I look forward to my first time out of the house in shorts, but, at the same time, we know that the coming summer is going to be hot. Spring is warm, but warmth doesn't last long, it quickly turns stifling. I guess I should just enjoy it before it's gone.